Friday 25 November 2016

Open Letter To US President-Elect Donald Trump

by Okike, Benjamin

Dear President-elect Donald John Trump,
Congratulations on your success as the President-elect of the United States. I am indeed honored when I received your message through my email thanking me for supporting you throughout the electioneering campaign. Part of the email message is as shown below:
From: Donald J. Trump <contact@email.donaldtrump.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:51 PM To: Okike, Benjamin
Subject: Thank you

Be a winner tonight. |
Benjamin,
Your support has meant the world to me and my family. 
Remember when we were at 1% in the polls, and the media said we could never win the primary? You are the reason we stand here today. 
And tonight we have the opportunity to prove them wrong once again. Tonight is our chance to write the greatest American comeback story in the history of politics. 
Thank you, Benjamin. I am proud of everything you’ve done.
- Donald J. Trump
I am happy for your success. I never had any doubt in my mind that you are going to be the number 1 citizen of the world since you entered the presidential race and especially for the choice of your running mate, ‘smart’ Governor Mike Pence. In all my previous communications to you, I made it clear to you that I am not an American. Indeed I will be traveling back to my country in some days from today to go and continue with my teaching carrier in the Department of Computer Science, University of Abuja, Nigeria.

In as much as I feel honored by your message of thanks to me, I will strongly advise that you only move forward forever and resist any attempt to look backwards because experience has shown that any person moving forward and looking backwards at the same time is likely to fall into a ditch which most times is dangerous. In other words, I am appealing to you not to appoint a special investigation panel to prosecute Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Foundation and emails probe as threatened during one of the presidential debates and campaigns. 

Similarly, I will suggest you should never engage in any form of law suit with any of those eleven women who accused you of sexual harassment during the campaigns. Also, forgive former Miss Universe, Alicia Machado. As much as possible, work cordially with the House Speaker, Paul Ryan.

Your election as the president of United States has shown your ability to have redesigned and redrawn the United States electoral college map to your favour. Basically, you turned most of the United States battleground states such as Michigan, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Florida, etc states from blue to red. That is a great achievement.

I am particularly happy with your election victory speech on 9th November, 2016 when you said and I quote “it is time for America to bind the wounds of division, have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people”.

Since after the election, some people especially those who are not comfortable with your immigration policies have expressed some fears. Their fears have led to peaceful protest in some cities across the United States. It will be good if you come out and publicly allay their fears about their faith in America especially the Hispanic, Latinos, African-Americans, Muslims and others who may be gripped by the fear of the unknown in your administration.

Thank you.

- Okike Benjamin
Cybersecurity Researcher,
Fayetteville State University,
North Carolina,
United States